Fuglvog: I'm loyal to Lisa

Here's an open letter to the Alaska seafood industry from Arne Fuglvog, a former commercial fisherman and aide to Sen. Lisa Murkowski, who's mounting a write-in bid for re-election. Fuglvog didn't send this to Deckboss; a reader did.

Oct. 28, 2010

Members of the fishing industry,

There are lots of rumours flying during election season, but one that I feel compelled to respond to, is whether I would take a job with Joe Miller or Scott McAdams, if either one is successful in winning the upcoming election.

I have been extremely honored to work for Lisa Murkowski for the past four years. She took a chance on me, when she did not know if I could do the job. She has been such a pleasure to work for and I have the utmost respect for her. Her tremendous support of the fishing industry, our fishing families and coastal communities is unquestionable. I have watched her assume the mantle of Ted Stevens in being the go-to Senator on Alaskan fishing issues.

I did not know Lisa Murkowski when I took the job in DC. I had a very good sense of who I thought she was, but during the four years of working for her, I have truly grown to respect and admire her. I would not work for any other Senator in Washington DC. It is such a personal job and you have to trust and believe in the person you are working for. You don't have to agree with everything that they do or believe in, but you must believe in their honesty, integrity and motives. There is not one question in my mind about Lisa Murkowski's honesty, integrity and willingness to do absolutely everything she can to help Alaska and her constituents.

So, to put this one to bed, I would ONLY work for Senator Lisa Murkowski in Washington DC. Period.

Regards,

Arne Fuglvog